Pàgines

dimecres, 11 de desembre del 2013

Third step: EU LABOUR

This is an information graphic about the labour statistics in the European Union and the Eurozone. The intention is to show the evolution of the data recorded in the last years to make an analysis of the impact of the economic crisis in Europe. The data belongs to information from official sources.



The information is distributed in order of most to least important. So, as featured graphics we can see the evolution of the last four years (with a linear chart of unemployment in the European Union and the Eurozone) and a map with the latest data from September 2013 (with a gradient of colors). Furthermore, we can also appreciate a bar chart on employment by age (percentage) a pie chart to employment by sector (percentage too), one stacked bar chart on youth employment and two gender statistics.

The colors are various shades of blue, as it is one of the main hues reminiscent of the European Union. They are also shown with a gradient to give more dynamism to the information graphic.

5 comentaris:

  1. I like the fact that this information graphic shows a lot of informations - but it's very well organized, and as a viewer I fell very well helped through the different parts. The choice of color is very simple and it adds to the lightness of the graphic - and the use of familiar charts makes it completely easy for me to understand from the beginning. But maybe it lacks some originality?

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. I agree with you that there is no originality in my infographic. My idea was to create something easier to understand for everyone.
      Thanks!

      Elimina
  2. Hi Ari! I really like how you've played with the blue colors in the different graphics (symbolizing the European Union flag I guess!). All the graphics are very well done and they are perfectly understandable and clear. You're very good at clarifying information, so keep on doing! I also like the lightness gradient you've applied on the different countries of the map. You have to teach me how to do it ;)
    On the other hand, I'm not really sure about the titles you've used for the different graphics. I think you could have chosen another font because this one looks very plain and body text like.

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. Thanks! Yeah, is used blue color because of the EU flag. I really appreciate your critic and I hope to improve myself in the next infographic. Thank you so much!

      Elimina
  3. L'autor ha eliminat aquest comentari.

    ResponElimina